The Board of Water Supply (BWS) shares your concern whenever water is being wasted. Whenever you see water being wasted – a broken water pipe, a malfunctioning irrigation sprinkler, a faucet left running, or something similar – please contact our Water Waste Hotline at (808) 748-5041 or

We will need to know:

  • the location of the problem (an address or nearest possible address is helpful)
  • the type of waste occurring
  • any additional information you might have

BWS employees will follow up on the problem and see that it is corrected.

If the water waste involves a government agency, here is a list of various contact telephone numbers that you can call if you would like to bring the situation to the agency's attention.

General Water Waste Complaints

Board of Water Supply (808) 748-5041

City Parks and Roadways (sprinklers, streets)

District 1: East Honolulu (Makapuu to Manoa) (808) 373-8013
District 2: West Honolulu (Ala Moana to Aiea) (808) 768-9292
District 3: Leeward (Pearl City to Wahiawa) (808) 675-6030
District 4: Windward (Waimanalo to Mokuleia) (808) 233-7300
Click here for a full list of City park contact information.

State of Hawaii

Transportation (freeways, state roads) (808) 831-6714 (day)
(808) 485-5600 (night)
Transportation (State harbors) (808) 587-2070
Accounting & General Services (State buildings) (808) 831-6730
University of Hawaii (grounds) (808) 956-8686
*Take license plate numbers to report.

Federal Government

Federal Building (grounds) (808) 541-1950
Fort DeRussy (grounds) (808) 438-1824
Pearl Harbor Shipyard (808) 471-0144
Hickam Air Force Base (808) 448-4440