Take the Quiz
News & Updates
Please join us by spending time this week to make sure you don’t have any leaks on your property. It’s easy to do and in most cases homeowners can fix leaks without a major financial investment. Follow these easy steps to check for leaks:
• Turn off all your water faucets, pipes, and other water-using fixtures to make sure no water is running.
• Locate your water meter, which should be in or near the sidewalk area fronting your building or home.
• Open the meter cover and check to see if the dial is moving. If it is, you may have a leak! Have the leak repaired as soon as possible.
• Visually inspect faucets, pipes, and plumbing fixtures. For toilets, use dye tablets* to check for leakage.
• Finally, examine your lawn for wet spots where grass seems greener. This could indicate a broken underground pipe.
Visit hbws.me/dal for more leak detection information.
This water conservation project is brought to you by:
For more information on leak detection visit: