BWS Ward Avenue Project
The Board of Water Supply (BWS) is working on a water system improvement project to replace of 2,400 feet of distribution pipeline and appurtenances along Ward Avenue from Kapiolani Boulevard to Kinau Street. The BWS understands that Ward Avenue is a highly-traveled thoroughfare and created this web page to provide the community with project and traffic updates. Additionally, customers can call 748-5310 to get voice recordings with the updated information.
The BWS appreciates the community's patience and understanding as we work on this important project that will improve fire protection, reduce the likelihood of main breaks, and enhance water service to residents and businesses in the area.
CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT MAP
PROJECT AND TRAFFIC INFORMATION AS OF NOVEMBER 22, 2013
Please be advised of the following modifications and lane closures. Please observe all construction traffic signs, traffic signals, expect delays, drive with caution, allow for additional travel time, and use alternate routes where possible.
- Working area: Limits of the project is Ward Avenue between Kapiolani Boulevard and Kinau Street.
- Type of work:
- Lane restriping on Ward Avenue between Kapiolani Boulevard and Kinau Street.
- Lane closures:
- Ward Avenue:
- Ward Avenue (Beretania Street to Kinau Street): Two center lanes will be closed. One mauka bound lane and one makai bound lane will be open to traffic.
- Working hours: Sunday, November 24 and Monday, November 25 from 7:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. each day.
- The project involves the replacement of 12-inch and 8-inch water mains, and upsizing a 6-inch water main to an 8-inch water main on Ward Avenue from Kinau Street to Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Contractor: RMY Construction, Inc.
- For questions, concerns, or emergencies, contact the project's Construction Manager at 542-7424, the BWS Construction Section at 748-5730 or the BWS Communications Office at 748-5041.